All-day Multimedia Workshop: Succeeding in the Web 2.0 World
8:30AM – 6:00PM
In this session, you will learn how to...
- Set up your own (good, user-friendly) website
- Set up a (good, readable) blog
- Blog (effectively)
- Write for the Web (instead of print)
- Write for SEO (and learn what “SEO” stands for)
- Create and use visuals for...visual effect
- Become familiar with tools for creating podcasts and Web video.
Presenters: Mose Buchele, reporter, KUT-FM Susan Etlinger, vice president, The Horn Group, San Francisco
Moderators and Organizers: Peggy Girshman, executive editor, online, Kaiser Health News (KHN) Emily Willingham, PhD, science writer and editor
Space limited. Advance registration required. Participants should bring their own laptops.
Cost: The multimedia workshop is being heavily subsidized by NASW; as a result, cost to members is just $25. The workshop will be held at the conference center and includes a break to purchase lunch on your own.