We value every gift.
All donations and sustaining contributions are vital for developing new initiatives to meet emerging challenges and supporting our fellowships and awards as well as keeping the lights on.
Contributions may be designated to several funds, awards, or fellowships:
- The Sharon Begley Fund, honoring the extraordinary science journalist, will support a major new award for mid-career science journalists launching in 2022.
- The Barbara K. Trevett Fund for the Future recognizes its namesake for her strong advocacy on behalf of CASW as well as the science writing community in general during her three-plus decades as a medical and science public affairs specialist for non-profit institutions
- The Patrusky Fund, created in honor of Ben Patrusky, CASW Executive Director from 1988 to 2013, supports the Patrusky Lecture at New Horizons in Science
- Ev Clark/Seth Payne Award for Young Science Journalists
- Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Reporting
- Taylor/Blakeslee Graduate Fellowships
Contributions can made online or be mailed to CASW, P.O. Box 17337, Seattle, WA 98127. Please make checks out to CASW, with a memo line indicating the intended purpose.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, CASW files Form 990 annually with the IRS. The form, which provides a full account of CASW’s finances and support base, is available for public viewing at www.guidestar.org.
We are extremely grateful for the individual gifts and grants that—along with university hosting of the annual New Horizons in Science briefing—allow us to carry out our mission of advancing science writing.
We invite you to join our community of supporters who value science writing!